Privacy Notice Highlights
1. Who We Collect Information From
We currently collect only information provided by the visitor and authenticated by the site.
2. What Personal Information We Collect
We collect information:
- That you provide through the forms you fill out during account creation, online customer service enquiries, initial contact with researchers and surveys;
- Automatically when you visit our Site, including information about the device with which you logged into our Site, your web browser, your IP address, time zone, cookies installed on your device, and information on the search terms that referred you to our Site (“Device Information”) to better market to our users.
3. How we use and disclose your information
- We use your information to connect researchers with voluntary participants interested in participating in their research through our Site;
- We use your information to communicate with you and personalize your userexperience by sending out periodic emails to you and receiving feedback toimprove our Site;
- We may use your information to create aggregated and anonymized data for analytical purposes.
4. How we obtain your consent
By using our Website, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Your consent is the legal basis for our use of your personal information. You can withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Your account settings allow you to change your communication preferences with respectto emails. You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain deidentified information about previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
How to contact us
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information toprovide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. About us
This website (www.researchstream.ca) is operated by Research Stream Technologies Inc., company registration number 1096608-8.
If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
In this Privacy Notice, the terms "we", "our" and "us" mean Research Stream.
2. Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of May 31st 2019.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collectthrough the following website: www.researchstream.ca
3. What Personal Information We Collect
We collect Registration Information that you provide during the registration, and/or at the time at which you update your user profile with additional information. This information includes:
- Email address
- Age/Date of Birth
- Location (City and Country)
- Phone Number
Researcher information includes:
- Phone number
- Email Address
- Institution name
- Institution website
- Office address
- Field of Study
4. How we use your information
We use the information that we collect to connect researchers with participants through our Site. We may use this information to:
- Register your account;
- Authenticate you when you log into your account;
- Fulfill your request for participation in research studies. This is the primary function of the Site;
- Communicate with you about your requests. Your email address or phone number which you provided upon registration will be used by our recruitment system to communicate with prospective research participants;
- Personalize your user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site;
- Improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on theinformation and feedback we receive from you.
- Recommend or offer you information on topics selected based on your preferred interests or information we receive from you.
5. Sharing Your Information to Others
The information we collected from you will be provided to the researchers using our Site.The researchers will contact you either via phone call or email.
6. Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receivean order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
7. How We Collect Your Information
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often includean anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/timestamps.
8. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information for as long as:
- Your account is active;
- Your personal information is needed to provide you services;
- It is necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance and audit requirements.
9. Accuracy of Your Personal Information
It is up to the user to ensure that your personal information is correct, complete and up-to-date to the extent we are notified of any changes by you. You can review and update your personal information on our Site. You can assist by keeping us informed of any changes or informing us if you find any errors in our information about you. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party that you are aware of, we would be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information upon your request.
10. Security Measures
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal information uploaded to our Website is transmitted to us using industry standard encryption, which creates a privateconversation between your computer and our Website. We authenticate our Website andenable TLS/SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data and transactions.
11. Revision of PolicyThis policy may be revised from time to time. We will notify you of material changes prior to such material change being effective, either by e-mail at the address you have provided to us in connection with your registration on our Website or by a prominent notice on our Website. Your continued use of our Website or failure to cancel your account on our Website following such notification shall constitute your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
12. Disputes and Complaints
13. Regarding Children and Minors
Our Site are not intended for children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected personal information pertaining to a child under the age of consentin the country where the child is located without valid consent, we will delete such information from our records.